



They were not kidding when they said we were expecting a storm.
Sometimes, the weather forecast here can be a little misleading. Californians are not used to inclement weather, so a little rain here, a little wind there, can throw people way off.
But today, it's a storm alright!
The kids were shuttled in the car to school this morning, to their dismay. I promised them to walk back with them in the rain and wind, without thinking too much because it was really a bit of a bribe.
Then mid morning set in, and I noticed the trees swaying, the rain going sideways... I reconsidered my promise.
But I persevered. Oh what we do for our children! There were instances when I thought the wind was going to take my umbrella away, and me with it. My pants were drenched half way to school. The kids didn't seem to mind too much: they stomped in puddles, squinted their little eyes against the hard rain, and walked home like champs.
When we got home, Momo wanted to painted, and Claire was happy playing with her animals. There were also cookies to be made, and neighbors to play with! All in all, a rather fun and happy first stormy day (at least so far!).
No comments:
Post a Comment