




We were just going to go pick strawberries at Swanton Strawberry Farm, with our friend Sophia on her last day in California. But when we got there, the worker there said that there was no U-Pick there today, but 9 miles up the road, we could pick strawberries and ollaliberries if we wanted.
After a couple of strawberry truffles and chocolate dips, away we went!
Ollaliberries are related to Blackberries. Don't ask me the difference, I can't really tell you yet. All I know is that I had never heard of them until we came out West. And somehow, they seem more prized than their regular cousins... Regardless, we all love them. Fresh, jammed, in a pie. You name it.
We picked our share, and even went over to the strawberry fields to pick some of those as well. And we ended the day with a scrumptious pie, that is big enough to another day's end treat!
No comments:
Post a Comment