
Yes. We. Can.
During the early morning as the sun was rising over the hills of Santa Cruz, our house was stirring from slumber. Was it a dream, I asked myself? Could it be that we now have Barack Obama as our new president?
I walked out of the room to see my almost five year old daughter coming down the stairs.
"Good morning, Mommy." she said in her cute little morning voice.
"Good morning, Clairey. Obama did it!" I had promised I would tell them first thing in the morning.
Her eyes widened. Her head perked up. "He did?" she asked excitedly, not really looking for a confirmation. She then ran back upstairs, into her room where her brother was still warm and snuggled up in his blanket, sleeping.
"Momo!!! Obama did it!! He got president!!"
"Yay!" I heard Momo's one word reply.
What a way to wake up on this new hopeful day!
2 comments:
si se puede!!!!!!!!!!!
si se puede
Post a Comment