




There is a reason that I had never been to Gloucester, Mass, before. I found out the reason why today.
Granted, it is probably lovely in the summer when the beaches are packed with families and sunbathers, the lobster shacks and ice cream parlors are hopping with activities, and the trees and flowers lighten up the grey empty spaces of the landscape.
Rockport, on the other hand, has been one of my favorite destinations around here. I don't think I ever went in the middle of winter, however, so this usually very quaint, artsy village was rather cold and bare. We managed to find a small beach with some beach glass for our collection, though, which made it worth it for our kids.
It was very cold today, but the sun was shining. And so, our outing was still lovely. I can also say now that I don't really have to go back to Gloucester again.
No comments:
Post a Comment