




Blue Heron has a stand at a couple of farmer's markets in the boston area: one in Lexington, and the other in Davis Square. So this morning was all about picking and preparing produce and flowers for the market. I got to the farm as the fog was lifting. Ellery was out there with two other helpers. When she saw me she had a huge smile on her face (she usually does) and said, this is what I call heaven! Not me, per se, but all the helpers in the field at the same time! I went right to work picking tomatoes, digging for potatoes, and making bouquets. One of the helpers was a young man named Joe. He is heading out to his first year of college this fall. Have you worked on a farm before, I asked through the tomato vines. Nope, never, he said. But there he was, picking away, getting his hands dirty. It is funny that while we were getting dirty, we were also producing such beautiful bounty. The produce and the flowers sat so beautifully in the back of Ellery's truck waiting to be taken away to the market, and then hopefully, on to someone's kitchen and belly.
1 comment:
sooooooooooo beautifulllllllll
Post a Comment