








Cape Cod. Hyannisport. The Kennedys.
And exactly 3 hours and 41 minutes of sunshine.
It may not be that apparent here, with the photos of sunny blue skies. Believe me, all of those photos were taken during the 3 hours and 41 minutes aformentioned. Maybe the last photo of me and Momo gives you a hint of the rest of our one week vacation on the Cape.
I sound like a Californian, don't I? Well, I felt like a Californian the whole time we were on the Cape. It got to be a joke between me and the kids when the sun did come out, I asked them: "Guys, what is that?" They would firmly answered: "That's the SUN, Mommy, the SUN!" On the last morning there, of course, we woke up to the first sunny skies. Claire ran up to me and said: "Mommy, the sun is out! It's your favorite day!" And within two hours, we had to leave.
Anyhow, life should not be all about weather. And we did manage to enjoy some of the Cape, even without the sun. We ventured to Provincetown one day, the first for all of us. Jim and my father took the kids on a train ride one day. And Jim and Momo got to ride a 'duckmobile' another day. Sadly, we did not connect with the Kennedys. But I would rather have connected with the sun.
No comments:
Post a Comment